Chelsea welcome Borussia Dortmund to Stamford Bridge in the second leg of their Champions League Round of 16 clash. Karim Adeyemi. Chelsea made the Round of 16 after topping Group E ahead of Milan, RB Salzburg and Dinamo Zagreb. BVB made it to this stage after finishing second in Group G – behind Manchester City but ahead of both Sevilla and Copenhagen. Here’s what you need to know:thanks to a stunning counter-attacking goal from
Please check the opt-in box to acknowledge that you would like to subscribe.
Thanks for signing up!
Keep an eye on your inbox.
There was an error processing your subscription.
How to watch and odds
- Date: Tuesday, Mar. 7 | Time: 3 p.m. ET
- Location: Stamford Bridge — London, UK
- TV and live stream: Paramount+
- Odds: Chelsea -118; Draw +260; BVB +310 (via Caesars Sportsbook
Featured Game | Chelsea vs. Borussia Dortmund
Tuesday’s broadcast schedule
(All times U.S./Eastern)
- UEFA Champions League Today, 2 p.m., CBS and Paramount+
- Chelsea vs. Borussia Dortmund, 3 p.m., CBS and Paramount+
- Benfica vs. Club Brugge 3 p.m., Paramount+
- UEFA Champions League Post-Match Show, 5 p.m., CBS Sports Network and Paramount+
Wednesday’s broadcast schedule
(All times U.S./Eastern)
Coverage starts each day at 2 pm. with Champions League Today on CBS and Paramount+. Paramount+ will offer a multicast feature allowing subscribers to watch two matches simultaneously in a split-screen view. You can try one month free by using the code: ADVANCE.
What to know
- Graham Potter took charge of Chelsea at the beginning of this season after Thomas Tuchel was sacked. The 47-year-old Englishman began his coaching career with Leeds Carnegie in 2008. Since then he has also enjoyed spells with Ostersund, Swansea City and, most recently, Brighton and Hove Albion. His position is in danger after a disappointing start of the year and the game against Borussia Dortmund will tell us much more about his near future.
- Borussia Dortmund boast a sharper attack than Chelsea. They have scored more goals in the Champions League than their upcoming opponents (11 to 10) despite registering fewer shots on target (23 to 42), creating fewer chances (65 to 89) and completing fewer take-ons (53 to 57).
- Chelsea use the ball differently to Borussia Dortmund. They have taken more touches than their upcoming opponents, completing more passes, passes into the final third, through balls and crosses. It is Dortmund, however, who have completed more long balls (209 to 174).
Graham Potter desperately need to win this game to save his job after the disappointing start of the season but it won’t be easy at all against the German side. Pick: Borussia Dortmund 2, Chelsea 0.