Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That’s why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
MilliporeSigma in Norwood, OH is seeking an EHS-Process Safety Manager to lead the site’s EHS Process Safety program and activities. You will be responsible for development, implementation, and management of the site’s process safety programs and activities related to solvent production, down filling, and storage. You will provide technical support to site functions related to process safety information, operating instructions, process hazard analysis, management of change, pre-startup safety reviews, and compliance audits. This position will help lead continuous improvement initiatives to drive a zero-accident safety culture and support the company in achieving and maintaining best in class Safety, Health, and Environmental performance through:
- Collaborating with site management and employees on key initiatives to meet corporate goals in environmental, health, safety, and sustainability with willingness to drive change.
- Managing Site PSM and RMP programs and contribute to site’s Safety and Environmental Management programs. (PSM, RMP, ISO14001, ISO45001, OSHA, EPA, etc.)
- Providing technical support directly to those departments and employees involved in the manufacturing, filling, and distribution of organic and inorganic solvents.
- Overseeing EHS-related training for affected employees at the site to ensure compliance with OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Ensuring departmental personnel are competent in performing Risk Assessments and ensuring needed Risk Assessments are completed including HazOp, PHA, and OPHR activities.
- Identifying risk reduction methods and work with site management in implementing those methods.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills. Self-directed with strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills a plus.
- Interacting routinely with site management, supervision, and personnel on EHS related matters.
- Responding to, assisting with, and conducting root cause investigations of employee injuries and site emergencies.
- Member of the Emergency Response Team with some on call duties.
- Union experience a plus.
- Don/doff and wear PPE including emergency response equipment
- Walk and climb steps routinely
- Work in ambient temperature and humidity environments.
- Perform public speaking to include meeting with and provide training for site personnel.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Process Safety
OR 10+ years of EHS related experience in the chemical, specialty chemical and/or pharmaceutical industry
- Working knowledge of distillation, purification, or flammable operations
- Certified Safety Professional
- 5+ years of PSM/RMP experience
- Advanced knowledge of IH, Safety & Environmental regulations and standards (i.e., OSHA, EPA)
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html