Ahead of the 2023 Genesis Invitational, the buzz became louder with 47-year-old Tiger Woods’ announcement of his return to the PGA Tour for the event he hosts at Riviera Country Club – just 40 miles from where he grew up and made his first pro start as a amateur in 1992. Woods joins 19 of the top 20 players in the world rankings for the 97th edition of The Genesis Invitational with a loaded and competitive field at the top of the 132 player odds board.
Golf Odds to Win The Genesis Invitational
Leading favorites and contenders golf odds from FanDuel Sportsbook refresh periodically and are subject to change, including on props and live betting.
All but four of the top-100 ranked players in the world are playing Riviera this week, so check the full golf odds for more players capable of challenging the top of the leaderboard come Sunday.
Last week’s Phoenix Open winner Scottie Scheffler retakes the world No. 1 ranking. Player rankings and odds to win the 2023 Genesis Invitational
- 1. Scottie Scheffler (+1000)
- 2. Rory McIlroy (+1000)
- 3. Jon Rahm (+700)
- 5. Patrick Cantlay (+3000)
- 6. Xander Schauffele (+1400)
- 7. Justin Thomas (+1500)
- 8. Will Zalatoris (+3400)
- 9. Collin Morikawa (+2100)
- 10. Matt Fitzpatrick (+3700)
- 11. Viktor Hovland (+2600)
- 12. Max Homa (+2000)
- 13. Tony Finau (+1800)
- 14. Sam Burns (+3000)
- 15. Tom Kim (+3700)
- 16. Jordan Spieth (+2900)
- 17. Cameron Young (+3100)
- 18. Sungjae Im (+2400)
- 19. Billy Horschel (+12000)
- 20. Hideki Matsuyama (+3700)
72-hole winning score: 268.5 (par is 284)
Others: Jason Day (+3700), Tyrell Hatton (+4500), Rickie Fowler (+5000), Adam Scott (+5500), Justin Rose (+6500), Keegan Bradley (+6500), Sahith Theegala (+7500), Shane Lowry (+8000), Wyndham Clark (+8000), Corey Connors (+8000)
Tiger Woods opens at 120/1 odds to win, or +12000 at FanDuel Sportsbook. He’s 200/1 at the Las Vegas SuperBook. Tiger is also an underdog to make the cut at +166, and he’s -215 to miss the cut (top 65 players and ties). Woods has never won at Riviera, and makes his first start on the PGA Tour since the 2022 Open Championship at St. Andrews.
Player Performance at Riviera
Riviera CC is a par 71 traditional tree-lined course that plays to 7,322 yards. It rewards shot makers and players with well-rounded skill sets from tee-to-green that handle the narrow fairways and tight doglegs, unpredictable Kikuyu rough and trickier, firm and fast Poa greens.
A look at the golf stats past performance charts from site founder Sal Johnson shows that Cameron Young (-17) tied for 2nd in his tournament debut last year and shot a 62 on Friday. Viktor Hovland finished T-4 for his second straight top-5 finish in two starts at Riviera. Rory McIlroy finished T-10 last year and has two other top-5 finishes in the event the previous three years. Scottie Scheffler was T-7 last year for his best finish in four starts at the Genesis, and Justin Thomas finished 6th and also 2nd in 2019. Collin Morikawa finished T-2 last year with a final round 65 to tie Jon Rahm (T-21) for best Round 4 score last year at Riviera. Xander Schauffele has three top-15 finishes the past four years in the event, and Max Homa won the Genesis Invitational in 2021 when play was suspended with severe winds, and he also finished top-10 in both 2020 and 2022.
Popular Types of Golf Betting Odds
Types of bets and how to read the odds
- Winner: Bet on who will win this week’s PGA tour event
- Finishing Position Odds: Bet on a golfer to finish in the top 5, top 10, top 20 or top 40 in this week’s golf tournament
- Round Leader Betting: Golf odds on who will win the first round, second round, third round, and fourth round separately.
- Golf Matchup Betting: Prop bets on which golfer will finish better in the tournament head to head between the two golfers listed for each matchup.
Notable Tournament Match-ups and Golf Picks
Check back as released later Monday and Tuesday by leading online sportsbooks along with expert picks. We’ll see if Tiger is paired in any tournament match-ups, but players were excited to here of his PGA Tour return when the news broke Friday.
“He’s playing Riv? Nice. Well I didn’t know. Great to hear. It’s a true honor for all of us. After all he’s gone through, it’s incredible he keeps trying, ” Jon Rahm said.
“I think we’re privileged any time he plays now. That’s awesome,” Max Homa added upon hearing the news of Tigers return at Riviera.
- Jon Rahm (-115) vs Rory McIlroy (-105)
- Xander Schauffele (-125) vs Justin Thomas (+105)
- Max Homa (-115) vs Collin Morikawa (-105)
- Collin Morikawa (-140) vs Jordan Spieth (+115)
- Viktor Hovland (-120) vs Sungjae Im (+100)
- Cameron Young (-110) vs Sam Burns (-110)
- Tony Finau (-155) vs Patrick Cantlay (+125)
- Justin Roses (-115) vs Adam Scott (-105)
Golf Digest contributors and betting panel picks
Pat Mayo – DraftKings/Fantasy National: Viktor Hovland
Brandon Gdula – FanDuel/numberFire: Rory McIlroy
Rick Gehman – Rick Run Good: Jon Rahm
Stephen Hennessey – Golf Digest: Justin Thomas
Christopher Powers – Golf Digest: Sungjae Im
Check out more players golf odds and tournament coverage of The Genesis Invitational as betting on golf continues to be a most popular sport offering more ways to win.
You can bet on it.